Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Knitting and Stitching Fair


I fully intended to write this up sooner, so apologies all round - to be honest this fair was so much better than I thought it would be and I met so many interesting people, I've spent the last few days looking at the collection of business cards and flyers that I squashed in to the bottom of my bag just trying to remember who I saw, what I did and -very possibly - who I am!

For a start, the warm response I got from people when we chatted about the site and the whole fair idea has been really inspiring - people tend to feel the same way we do, with regard to the way we view craft in this country and many expressed an interest in getting involved further.

I chatted with people from:

www.buttoncompany.co.uk
www.thehouseofhemp.co.uk
www.spellboundbead.co.uk
www.clicketyknits.com
www.bombaystoresonline.com
www.craftynotions.com
www.mulberrydyer.co.uk
www.ctdg.co.uk
www.thepmcstudio.com

I was also really taken with my fabric from Fabrics Galore, their site isn't up and running yet but guys if you see this please let me know when it is cos I'd love to have you on the site.
Another company who isnt yet on the net is Art from the Heart - based in Harrogate they sell the best scrapbook stuff I've seen, loads of funky stamps and stickers - they also run loads of different crafting classes and promise that when their website is finished it'll be a real alternative to the usual scrap-booking stuff you've seen.
And on the subject of classes - Cumbria Institute of the Arts are planning to hold workshops and lectures in ceramics, textiles and multimedia. The work that is being produce from their students is so creative and exciting that this promises to be a really good idea, to register your interest email makingit@cumbria.ac.uk.
These pics are from the Knit To Go Exhibition organised by the Crafts Council http://www.craftscouncil.org.uk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home